Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"The Meds Are Heya" aka The Medication Has Arrived

"Meds are heya!" little Jersey Shore reference for ya there. So we walked in from our annual Bousson Family Beach trip to a counter full of foreign boxes and bags. Brett's mom had signed for them while we were gone and kindly set them out for us. It was a little overwhelming if I'm being honest with you. There were needles and pills and instructions and stuff in the fridge..ahh! It was also an exciting feeling like "wow..this is happening!" So I read all the directions, watched the videos, and psyched myself up for my first time shooting up giving an injection. I also did what any other normal 28 year old girl would do..SnapChatted all my besties a picture of the needle for some words of encouragement..haha (and I'm serious). Then, I just closed my eyes, well I guess squinted my eyes, and went for it! It seemed so not that bad afterwards but coming from someone who has previously looked the opposite direction any time I've gotten a shot, given blood, or even gotten my finger pricked, this was a big feat.

Told you I was serious.

The 2nd night was even easier and after that..piece of cake. I go back to the doctor June 11th for a check up, so until then in the words of the great "Lil Jon":

"Shots shots shots shots shots shots Shots shots shots shots shots Shots shots shots shots shots.

Everybody!"

No comments:

Post a Comment