Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Stim Shots: Just A Little Cray Cray

So the Lupron shots I've been taking have been going well, as I said in last week's post, and I started my stimulant shot last Friday. It was slightly more complicated than the other one, and after one small breakdown (poor Brett) , I got it together. I couldn't remember if I was supposed to turn the shot dial to 225 or 275 so I had to page the nurse on call and she couldn't get my file until the morning, and I felt stupid for not remembering, so I just wanted to throw the box across the room and cry but I couldn't because I remembered the receipt for how much this stuff costs and ANY WAY, I've tried to keep my cray cray contained.

I've had pretty bad headaches the past few weeks, but they've mostly gone away since I've gotten to lower my dose of Lupron. This stim shot called Gonal F (stim = stimulant.. I get to use all the cool IVF lingo now :) has just made me feel slightly tired and bloated, but bloated is good for this situation. I've been going to the doctor every other day to do bloodwork and/or an ultrasound and went today and the nurse said everything is looking really good. Lots of eggs..yay! I even got to see them on the screen haha. So, it was a happy visit.

I go back to the doctor Friday to check on things again. I thought I'd get so sick of these appointments, but it's actually comforting to be in the room at 7:30 every other morning with a group of women who are going through the same thing I am. You can see the nervousness all over our faces and then for most of us, the relief of leaving the ultrasound room with good news. It's nice to be looked after by such sweet people on the doctor's office staff too. They are great!

We should be doing our egg retrieval sometime next week. Get exciiited!

No comments:

Post a Comment