Sunday, July 26, 2015

Thankful In All Circumstances & Cantley's 3rd Month





Cantley is 3 months old and we can't believe it!  He is an absolute joy (even at 3:00 in the morning) and we are just so enamored with him.  

This past month was hard for us.  Brett got a very serious lung infection that required surgery and was in the hospital for 10 days.  It was one of the most difficult things I've had to go through, watching someone you love in so much pain.  I wouldn't wish seeing your best friend with a tube down their throat to my worst enemy.  (and yes, it was worse for Brett who was the one actually experiencing it.) I spent most of the days taking care of him in the ICU and the nights in the chair beside him, which means I was away from my precious baby for almost 2 weeks.  We are so fortunate to be on the other side of it now and back at home recovering.  Brett even started his new assistant principal job this week.  Such a blessing!

All that being said, although this month was a difficult one for our little family, it was also an eye opener of just how many lovely people we have surrounding us.  Friends and family rushed to our rescue by loving on Cantley, bringing me coffee and food to the hospital, texting and calling to check on us, and praying praying praying!  After we got home, we had meals lined up for 3 weeks.  3 weeks!  Like, I haven't had to cook or worry about dinner for almost a month!  Incredible! 

I am so very thankful for the people that God has put in our lives.  I'm pretty sure he knew we would need them.  I joked that I feel like the "needy" friend, always asking for help and prayers.  But honestly, I'm happy to play that role if it shows the people around us even a glimpse of faith through our trials.  I've tried to learn the art of giving thanks in all circumstances, and I think this was a perfect test.  So, I am so very thankful for everyone who let Brett and I lean on them once again.  I'm thankful for the doctors and nurses who pretty much saved Brett's life.  I'm thankful for every single person who reached out to us, whether it was by text, Facebook message, phone call, or food.  (I'm a firm believer in the healing power of a good meal. :)  And I'm thankful for this experience.  It strengthened our relationship with each other and our faith.

I read the passage below while in the middle of everything & thought it fit perfect with some of the things we've gone through this past year with our IVF journey, our difficult labor & delivery, and through Brett's whole ordeal.

Teach me the glory of the cross I bear, teach me the value of my thorns. Show me that I have climbed to Thee by the path of pain. Show me that my tears have made my rainbow.

And here's pictures of our precious rainbow over the last month. :)














 












Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


No comments:

Post a Comment