Thursday, July 17, 2014

"Crisis Averted" (in the words of Brett)

I went to the doctor today for blood work for the first time since the egg retrieval and the nurse called me with my instructions and started with how I'm supposed to go back to doing my Lupron shots, which I still had left from a few weeks ago. Then she begins naming off medicines I didn't have and had never heard of. She said they should have been delivered a week ago..say what?!

So I had to call the pharmacy and get them to overnight the meds by 5:30 (it's 4:00 at this point). I call and of course the girl's on lunch for the next hour, so I leave a message on her voice mail and with her assistant, and then I wait patiently freak out and make sure the volume on my phone is at maximum level, pray, check it 20 times, pray, drink a glass (or 3) of wine to calm the nerves, pray, wait until the hour is up, pray, and call again and.. yes! She answers. I exasperatingly explain what's happened and my life is over if I don't get these meds by tomorrow and my sweet baby angel frozen embryos are counting on being transferred the week of August 4th so I must have this shipment a.s.a.p.!

Well, the pharm rep Andrea' made it happen and I'll have all of it tomorrow. So we're still a go (as of now) for the transfer for the first week of August. Wheeew..I exhaust myself.

2 comments: